Substrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvillar9301

Hatchling Member
Just bought a 30 gal breeder tank (which means it's wider) and idk what substrate I can put in there. I use reptile carpet in my 20 gal but I don't think there's any reptile carpet in the size of a 30 gal breeder. Any substrate I can use or make myself? What's your suggestions?

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
you could always piece together the reptile carpet to cover the whole floor. The bonus to that is you don't always have to pick up the whole carpet to do cleaning every time if you dragon poops on one piece.

dvillar9301

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
True! So should I just buy another pair of 20 gallon reptile carpet? To Be the piece replacer?

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
dvillar9301":1r9m1y3v said:
True! So should I just buy another pair of 20 gallon reptile carpet? To Be the piece replacer?

well, a 20L tank is 30 1/4" x 12 1/2" x 12 3/4" a 30B tank is 36 3/16" x 18 1/4" x 12 15/16" so not only is the 30B wider, it's also longer so you would probably need two 20L reptile carpets to cover the whole surface if you wanted to stay with reptile carpet

Dementeddogz

Hatchling Member
Home depot or Lowes. Lowes will actually cut it for you if needed. You could also use a vinyl groutable tile. Much cheaper and easier to deal with if you dont have experience with tile.

dvillar9301

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kaco":1jnrt6u1 said:
Home depot or Lowes. Lowes will actually cut it for you if needed. You could also use a vinyl groutable tile. Much cheaper and easier to deal with if you dont have experience with tile.

Would I need the grout for the routable tile? Or should I just place em together in the tank Luke puzzle pieces? Btw, thanks for the idea!

Dementeddogz

Hatchling Member
Id grout them so nothing gets under them oir they can peel up. Make sure they are the groutable ones though better adhesive and much thicker. Near by they should have a small tub of premixed grout and spacers. Stick them together with the spacers once done remove spacers push grout in and wipe down with a wet sponge. I can attach pics if would help. I just did two more cages this week

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
I have tile in all my tanks. Easiest to clan and by far the safest. I have non adhesive shelf liner under the tile so it doesnt move around at all and makes clean up a little easier.

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Sure no problem! Um if you look in enclousures * a forum on here then there should be some...I wish i had some pictures of the tile, I will def do that. :lol:

~Haley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom