Substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

neecie

Juvie Member
My son has a sibling of my bd................his is pale, tan and mine has good color. Does anyone think because he raised his on calci-sand and I have tile that would make the difference? Or is it just a toss up of what color they turn out. Both are 9 mos. old.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Freeie is correct you never know what your going to get but I wouldnt be suprised if the calcisand as some to do with it as well.They absorb way to much calcium when they are on that stuff so that can affect the kidneys regardless if they get impacted or not plus the dust particals from the sand also gives them a dried out dusty kind of look.So if they are not as healthy as they can be then that would untimately affect the color.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I agree with the posts above. An I can tell you that calcium sand will make them faded and pale looking as it really does dry out their skin badly an it also makes it hard for them to shed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom