Substrate Question~

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK3

hey!,
right now i have Ziggy on paper towels. they work well, but they aren't the prettiest. the way i have her tank set up, they kinda slide around a bit. which is the best and easiest substrate? i was thinking about going to tile, for who ever has it, how does it work? like when the lizard poos, is it easy to clean up?
any suggestion welcome!!

thanks!

zizzee

Hatchling Member
I've got Smaug on newspaper just now, and I agree it's not the prettiest. But I figure a healthy beardie on ugly substrate is better than an unhealthy beardie on pretty substrate.

Maybe you could get coloured card? But I dunno if the dye would stain.... Not tried it myself.

theclub83

Hatchling Member
Big supporter of shelf liner (sand color too!). heres what you do, cut it into sections so you dont have to take apart the whole tank. take the piece out, clean it in the sink, then lay it on top of a towel, roll it up all together and step on it a few times (this drys it super fast), and your all set.

works great, looks great and easy.

rmzsuzuki89

Hatchling Member
Maybe vinyl tiles would be easier than ceramic tiles to install? I've seen some textured ones that seemed like they would work well. Any ideas on this?

AK3

Original Poster
i like the shelf liner idea. do you just use one sheet, or line them up. i guess what i'm asking is whether the poop leaks through or not, because Ziggy usually goes before i get home from school and so her poo sits there for a while.

theclub83

Hatchling Member
The kind I got from home depot works great. I work too, so I come home every day to a present . It wipes right up.now maby there are cheaper brands that are not as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom