Substrate issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i got my beardie, she was 3 months old and the place i got her from had her on sand. The tank setup i have for her now has 3/4 repticarpet and 1/4 sand on her basking side. Honestly, i really don't like the repticarpet. Its a pain to get fully clean and still seems to have a smell to it no matter how many times i wash it. I know sand isn't the best thing to use but she loves the sand and i just want to make her as comfortable and happy as possible. Any ideas?

ruben0311

Juvie Member
tile instead of the carpet. you can keep the sand section if you like, just make some type of barrier to ensure that the sand doesnt get everywhere when they dig...
84843-9118895237.jpg
small left section has sand, its where he sleeps at night, but i have a thin brick on its side in order to block the sand he flings about when he gets comfy. right side is where he eats and what not

mamajamamomma

Original Poster
Is there any specific type of tile i should use orr one that's better than others? I went to a reptile expo a few days ago and i asked a few venders what i should put her on. I was told tiles, paper towels(which i can't see doing) or nothing at all, just leaving her on the glass tank bottom.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
you wouldnt really want to have just the glass bottom as it will provide no traction and your beardie will most likely not want to even go onto it. something with some grip is preferable so any kind of slate (thats what i have), ceramic or something not too crazy porous, to make cleaning easier. shelf liner is used by alot of people also as it can be relatively water resistant, and easy to wipe up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom