Substrate idea!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JexTrex

I'm new to owning a bearded dragon, just got her in March and plan on getting a male pretty soon. I've searched around for good Substrate and all people suggest is carpet,newspaper,tile, or paper towels. But after looking at a few YouTube videos of people decorating the walls of their tanks using Silicone and covering it with different materials I got the idea to use floor tiles with Silicone on them and place Pebbles, coconut Husk, and moss into the Silicone and cover the rest of the exposed Silicone with Eco earth. I could do this with small tiles so that they can be removed for cleaning/soaking in a diluted water/bleach solution and rinse it under running water before being placed back in the tank. With this method I was thinking it would give the look of lose Substrate, but still being safe from being ingested and cause issues for the Dragons.... I wanna know your thoughts on my idea and if you think it's safe. looking forward to your responses

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Sounds like a big hassle to clean. I've done the Eco-earth+silicon for an invert enclosure and don't imagine it would hold up to frequent cleaning. You could always try a few experiments to see how it works and how well it actually cleans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom