Sub Adult/ Adult Feeding Schedules? Feedback would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Ok so Scarlett is a little over 7 months now and her eating habits are beginning to change.. We give her a nice big salad in the morning and put her worms in her bowl.. She usually eats the salad without a problem and will eat a few worms and then she is done for the day.. She doesn't eat in the evenings anymore.. She is still growing like a weed though.. I want to make sure she is getting enough calcium b/c she refuses to eat her salad if we put powder on it.. I've been feeding her supers and sprinkling them but she doesn't eat very many.. I do give her horns and butters throughout the week as an occasional treat.. I'm just trying to figure out a new routine for her seeing as how her eating habits are changing.. She is definitely eating more veggies than live food.. Would it be ok to put her salad in her viv in the morning and then give her the worms in the evening when I got home from work? What are some feeding routines you use? Any suggestions?

wes

Juvie Member
Slave2Scarlett":2hfiedma said:
Ok so Scarlett is a little over 7 months now and her eating habits are beginning to change.. We give her a nice big salad in the morning and put her worms in her bowl.. She usually eats the salad without a problem and will eat a few worms and then she is done for the day.. She doesn't eat in the evenings anymore.. She is still growing like a weed though.. I want to make sure she is getting enough calcium b/c she refuses to eat her salad if we put powder on it.. I've been feeding her supers and sprinkling them but she doesn't eat very many.. I do give her horns and butters throughout the week as an occasional treat.. I'm just trying to figure out a new routine for her seeing as how her eating habits are changing.. She is definitely eating more veggies than live food.. Would it be ok to put her salad in her viv in the morning and then give her the worms in the evening when I got home from work? What are some feeding routines you use? Any suggestions?
I would guess this is what 90% of beardie owners do. As long as they have a couple hours or so of basking time after they eat, they should be fine.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Regarding the calcium, when mine stopped eating the feeders everyday, and sometimes every 2 days, I got worried about them getting their calcium. So I bought the liquid calcium, and now I now exactly how much they get and that they got it.. plus liquid calcium is absorbed so much better than the powdered.. Just a suggestion for when your beardie gets older. Especially now that my 1 year old is on his I don't want to eat kick. And eats feeders maybe once a week if that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom