Stupid blank blank lighting system!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Sooo FINALLY got my Repti-Sun 10.0 in the mail today and was ALL EXCITED... so I ran to Lowe's to get the fixture.... ummm yeah... the only thing they had I bought. GUESS WHAT... it doesn't have a stupid power cord. It has to be wired for it.... AGHHHHHHHH... so NOW what do I do????

Is it easy to do??? HELP!!!!!

bdchip

yes its very easy to do u need a few tools though i dont kno exactly what they are called so bare with me.....

you will need 2 crimps http://www.cibolas7.net/mediac/400_0/media/2~Crimps.jpg

wire splitters
http://www.matcotools.com/ProductImages/ct66221.jpg

what you do is find something that you dont need the chord for like i use light fixtures i dont use and cut it so that the chord is as long as necessary
then take your uvb fixtures wires and put the wire in the hole of the crimp take some pliers and squeeze it shut that way its locked in there (do this for both wires)
then on your chord you cut the strip of plastic off so the wire is showing and put that end of the wire into the other end of the crimp squeeze it shut and do to other wire...

Jennie

Hatchling Member
At home depot they sell already prepared/precut extention cords that could be attached to yoru light fixture. :) Good luck!

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ohhhh the story gets EVEN BETTER. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Yes, it deserved that many.

I get to Lowe's at 7:30 this morning and work with someone who is determined to help me... she was great. She found me someone what could do it for me. We got the necessary parts and he wired it. It was GREAT! I was floating on air! That didn't last long! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I get home to put my bulb in it only to realize I bought the wrong d**ned fixture. I bought a T8 because it was stuck in my head that the bulb was a T8, I remember even looking at the bulb and seeing a T8. Well NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :banghead: IT'S NOT A T8... IT'S A T12. Blank blank blank blank.... so now I have a perfectly function T8 36" fixture that does me no good but can't return it or don't feel good returning it because we wired it and did exactly what I asked them to do. D**N it...

Good news... while I'm out $40... I now know what I need to do to wire a T12 fixture!!!

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
sunkist":9b5f5 said:
Ohhhh the story gets EVEN BETTER. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I get to Lowe's at 7:30 this morning and work with someone who is determined to help me... she was great. She found me someone what could do it for me. We got the necessary parts and he wired it. It was GREAT! I was floating on air! That didn't last long! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I get home to put my bulb in it only to realize I bought the wrong d**ned fixture. I bought a T8 because it was stuck in my head that the bulb was a T8, I remember even looking at the bulb and seeing a T8. Well NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :banghead: IT'S NOT A T8... IT'S A T12. Blank blank blank blank.... so now I have a perfectly function T8 36" fixture that does me no good but can't return it or don't feel good returning it because we wired it and did exactly what I asked them to do. D**N it...

Good news... while I'm out $40... I now know what I need to do to wire a T12 fixture!!!

wow! That stinks out loud. So is it really easy as the others say to wire it?

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
sunkist":e1fd0 said:

wow! That stinks out loud. So is it really easy as the others say to wire it?

Was the fixture you bought to sit on top of the screen or to sit inside the enclosure? If it's on top does it sit so the bulb does not sit on the screen itself, but rather the fixture sits on it?

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
The T8 could have sat on top. The T12 fixture needed to be inside because otherwise the fixture would have been on its side and the light would have gone out more than down. It wasn't terribly hard to do it but the directions on the box were not "female" or non-electrical person friendly. NOW... I could do it easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom