stunted growth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
i am sorry for not posting for a while. i have been working my butt off!
pebbles, a healthy (and always hungry) 1 1/2 year old bearded dragon. If i do recall, i did tell you guys about what happen to pebbles. i will do a quick summery. basically, pebbles was in a small 20 gallon tank, with only a red bulb, with dry eco earth substrate and is not getting the love that she needs.
anyways, i just upgraded her to a 55 gallon tank, hopefully it will give her sometime to play and etc.
i feed her 2 large dubia roaches (when i can get a hand on one) and a lot of medium ones. i give her spring mix greens, (she doesn't want to touch them). and she is given a bath everyday. now, i don't know if she is growing or not. she eats a bunch of roaches, but she gets big for a couple of hours and she is back to normal size.
I don't know if she is growing, or the effect of what she was given from her last owner. i want her to grow up to be a big and healthy girl. i will get some pictures, of her now. before she was so skinny, now she is gaining weight.
anyone have any suggestions to help her grow. i am not going to feed her pinkies. :)
thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you're taking great care of her , sounds like she has a good appetite and pretty active. :) Don't be in a hurry to get her weight up....feeding too much rich food [ dubias ] too quickly can lead to gout, and a fat beardie is never a healthy one. She doesn't need bugs every day now, just every other day and keep offering greens like turnip, mustard, collard, dandelion as well as squash.

She may never become a huge dragon, just like not all humans grow to the same size. Some adult dragons are on the small side, as long as they are healthy that's fine. Post some pics of her when you get a chance. :)

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hello AHBD,
thank you for your reply. i don't want her to be overweight, (although animals are cute when they are fat.) i am offering greens for both dragons, in fact.. i heard a little crunching, when i looked back it was Pebbles chewing on her greens, but when she saw me looking; she stopped and looked at me. and i went back to the computer and she started to eat again. :lol: :lol:
here is a few pics of her.
82276-3298696019.jpg
this is her when I got her in.
82276-8391864020.jpg
this is how skinny she was
82276-8068191292.jpg
this is her comparing to Squishy.
I have to upload more pictures. i have the two tanks and how big she is now.
EDIT: more pictures.
82276-3547971123.jpg
this is her now
82276-9327158914.jpg
here is her home, its still in progress. got to add the vinyl
:)

thanks a bunch,
Sarah A.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
She's fine .... she looks to be fabulous condition now ....

Could do with a viv that's got at least 4ft x 2ft footprint though.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2gy8oidn said:
She's fine .... she looks to be fabulous condition now ....

Could do with a viv that's got at least 4ft x 2ft footprint though.
a viv upgrade will come soon, for now. she is a happy fat dragon. :) i want her to grow up to be a happy dragon ;) i hope she becomes bigger then what she is now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravenn
Top Bottom