Stuck shed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if Im overloading the forum idk what the rules are exactly on here yet, but my little one is shedding and I cant tell for sure because Ive never had an animal in shed before, but it looks like some individual scales are stuck on her back, OR it could just be her scales, I cant tell. More experienced eyes please help ! the pictures are the same one just one has the scales circled. she HATES the toothbrush by the way, and loves to swim, she keeps shoving her head under and making me scared shes getting water in her ears
90254-5401643463.jpg
90254-3770508170.jpg

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
That's just her scales :D A lot of their scales are tipped in white like that. And it doesn't look like she's shedding at all either, actually.

DonnaRaine

Original Poster
:D cool thank you, she just shed her back and stomach, shes working on her legs now, but shes just a baby and my first beardie so I had to check. Thank you ! this was her a few days ago
90254-5614454946.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you can post as much as you want when you have questions, no problem. :) Looks like a healthy baby [ and very pretty ] and the shed went fine. Keep in mind that even if there WAS a very uneven shed or little specks left over that is perfectly normal. The only time to worry is if the tail or toes were being restricted by a small piece of retained shed which would look like a rubber band was wrapped around.

DonnaRaine

Original Poster
Thank you ! You all are so very helpful. I have a diagnosed anxiety disorder so I tend to overthink things and work myself up. Shes got a tiny bit of mucus in her eyes, shes been bulging them lately so I think shes loosening the skin there, could the mucus just be from that ? Its clear, not colored, she eats really well, 11 pheonix worms, turnip greens and squash for breakfast, she even eats all of her greens, shes only 2 months

DonnaRaine

Original Poster
90254-3901555264.jpg
90254-5884871408.jpg
90254-4205562654.jpg
These were all taken today, I feel like her eyes are sunken or mucusy I just dont know man, and if shes in pain or something I wanna be able to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom