Stuck shed in creases/folds/vent advice

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys my 2 girls are out and about for 2-3 days in a row and I took the opportunity to feed them and bathe them and my Chubbs has some yellow shed on her belly and vent. For the most part I got most of it off (belly) but there are tiny yellow spots and 1-2 yellow scales left.

I gently examined her vent and creases of her back legs she didn't mind and the shed seems ready to come off. Should I worry about clogged pores? Can I clean around her vent and her creases/folds or should I just leave it all alone?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I would just let it be. Clogged pores shouldn't be an issue on females, theirs are much smaller and the clogging comes from secretions from inside the pores.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Can you post pics of all the areas that you're concerned about ?
Sorry about the long wait she has it near her vent she is currently "sleeping" tomorrow will be 2 weeks she has been brumating and I'll give her a bath and see if she wants to eat then I'll post pics.

She is definitely in a brumating mood she hasn't made a peep (besides scratching here and there) she is hunkered down in her hide big time

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I would just let it be. Clogged pores shouldn't be an issue on females, theirs are much smaller and the clogging comes from secretions from inside the pores.
I'm not totally worried about the clogged pores I just hate when she has shed and then begins to brumate.

I have never experienced clogged pores on ANY beardies I have owned

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm not totally worried about the clogged pores I just hate when she has shed and then begins to brumate.

I have never experienced clogged pores on ANY beardies I have owned
Me either, I always give mine a piece of sandstone and they groom themselves 😁

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom