stubborn relatives and feeders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paksta

my parents are being so god damn stubborn! ive explained why dubias will be 500 times better than crickets, and they still arent letting me get some. why? because their roaches. i should have never told them that they were roaches. i should have just ordered them and been like "oh, ya! those are dubia caterpillars!" any experiences you've had like this, and were you able to convince them?

Litakat

Hatchling Member
Parents will be parents. And unfortunately, some people will hold their revulsion to roaches despite what you tell them. Even some beardie owners hold true to a roach revulsion and seek alternate feeder methods. I don't live with my parents, but live with a friend's family. I just tell them I keep the roaches to feed and omit the part about them breeding altogether. My brother lives with my mom. We both thought she'd freak, but she actually doesn't care as long as she doesn't have to handle them.

Do they have concerns other than the fact that they're roaches? I.e. Will they infest the house? Try addressing their concerns if you haven't already. Unfortunately that's all I have to offer you.

Please also remember other methods like superworms that might also be a choice for you and not as revulsion causing.

Litakat

Hatchling Member
Of all the feeders, I believe dubias are the most well endorsed by the beardie owning community :p

If you have crickets and they hate them, you can always mention the pros to having dubia vs crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stihlgirl
Top Bottom