Strong Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
People should do research when buying a new pet but we don't live in a perfect world. We walk into pet stores and assume that they know what is best for pets. I understood this site as to help people make the right decisions, to inform people how to correctly take care of their pets and even at that people will disagree. I know that people are passionate about dragons being properly cared for and I know that people acquire them as pets. I don't know myself how to take proper care of a Dragon, but I do not think driving someone away from this site is good. All you can do is provide the best and accurate information to pet owners and tell the ones that are thinking about getting on that it is Not just a simple little lizard.

(I deleted this part because it was being misread).

I would not like to see anyone leave this site, It has been very informative and it is nice to know their is a strong community here that if we have a question it can be answered. I hope that everyone can get along.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
I had to do a little background research to find what you were talking about but people are going to have strong opinions on things and some people just aren't shy about sharing it. If you feel someone is being mean or out of line, please report them using the triangle with the ! in it to the right of posts. Nobody should be driven off this site because they feel that they're being harassed.

For the record, things like that don't happy very often but when they do, things can turn ugly, very quickly. Again, it's best to report posts you feel are getting out of hand and nip it in the bud early.

DragonCleopatra

Original Poster
Glad to hear it. I haven't had any problems. I LOve this site. The community is very strong here. So much information and pictures. There are great links.

ryback

Hatchling Member
I agree it is a strong community but don't agree with some things you said. Most people hear ain't a vet or know why there dragon is acting out in whatever way. If you can help and provide advice and make the OP little less stress free then there current worrying and stress. I see know problem with helping or to try too. Just post good advice other then improper or wrong advice. I read your topic and took it the way I did with what I read. I enjoy helping others and making a beardies life a little better or healthier. Sometimes members or people listen to wrong advice and go with it. Reason why most are here if I think I can help bet your booty I will try. You find that not the right thing to do then I have nothing else to say. This site is for dragons and to help them. Not for me or you. Think ill stop there argueing isn't helping helpless not spoken beardies.

DragonCleopatra

Original Poster
I'm hoping that you misread my thread. I am not arguing. I am saying that I am new here and am a new bearded dragon owner. I don't usually give out advice unless I have seen it many times repeated. I don't want to give someone the wrong information. I know that most of you are not vets, but most on here have more experience with dragons than I do.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The 'proper' care for any pet is a matter of personal opinion, but mostly based on experience.

Instead of forcing someone to believe that your advice is the best advice, simply offer what you had went through with your own beardie and allow the person to decide for him/herself. No one should ever offer advice that they saw elsewhere but have little knowledge about.

Also, know your audience before speaking (or in this case, writing). Learn about the people that you're replying to; written words are often misunderstood.

We are all here to help one another, no matter how small or how big the issue is and how little or how much help you offer <3

ryback

Hatchling Member
I ain't going to argue I went with what I read. I enjoy this site and tryed to help with personal experience I embraced with my beardies. This is one member that isn't going forward with use of this site and beardies. In my head have to let go of them and don't want to be reminded of them. My reasons why I guess my head isn't on straight now. With that told it has nothing to do with this site why am leaving. Going to sign out now and hope beardies the best and in health. Goodbye

DragonCleopatra

Original Poster
I AM trying to get this Thread Deleted because I was misunderstood.

But Why is everyone so easily wanting to leave. It is a Very Good Site.

jezwolf175

Sub-Adult Member
It isnt because of you hun. Some people just need to cool off. for some it take a long time. Don't worry. Sooner or later they will come back. The community is strong.

DragonCleopatra

Original Poster
I hope so. Thanks jezwolf175.
Twenty years ago, we didn't have internet like this. Pet stores is where you mainly got information. I think back now at how many pets suffered back then. Someone could buy a book about their pet or they could go to the library. Even back then, our library is huge compared to many libraries but they wouldn't have probably carried a book specifically on bearded dragons. Our library now doesn't but because of the internet I can order books from any where in the state.

Sites like this one put people together that have something in common. There are people here who have gone through things with their dragon that could help me out or that I would stop worrying because I don't know what is normal. I freaked out over the end of his tongue being white until I searched and searched for pictures and asking questions on google and got answers because of someone else asking the same question. Like someone had posted earlier, when want to know something google will send you here if you are looking for a site rather than the "how or ask any question" sites. This site is the main one that keeps popping up and it is because of the Community and this being a Very Very Good Site.

I just value this site, the people here, and the information. For the most part I am here for the information but the bearded dragons are not the ones coming and looking at this information, it is their care givers. If their care givers are not coming here, then where are they going. Is another site better than this one?

Pet stores will continue to sell dragons to impulse buyers, that is never going to end. There will always be rescue dragons, that is never going to end. I hope this site will always be here for those people, including me.

Thank you for all the time everyone put in here.
Cleo

CamoLover

Hatchling Member
I agree with you. This site is a great place to learn. the people may not be professionals but most of them who answer your questions know because they once had to find the answer themselves. i am very grateful for this site. I even met someone from my area on here and now her and i are good friends in RL not just on the internet.

without this site i would of been lost because of all the updated info. otherwise i would be depending the the pet store or my uncle's advise as well. and its been a few years for him lol

thanks.
~Monti

DragonCleopatra

Original Poster
There are so many people that do not own a dragon, but I know that there has to be a lot sprinkled around in my town cause our pet store gets baby dragons in all the time. I am so glad that you found a friend that has a dragon too or enjoys them. Glad you like the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom