stressmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen my beadie have stress marks since ive gotten him a month ago. he eats just fine in both veggies and live food. he basks all day and sometimes ill let him out and explore my room or lay on my belly. all the times he is outside his tank his stress marks go away. when hes in his tank they are there and they get really dark. sometimes his stress marks arent there but the creamy belly doesnt last very long. i do own a cat thats basically in love with my beardie, she sometimes jumps up on my dresser where i put the tank but i have a spray bottle and spray her every time she gets up there. i dont think the cat is the problem. he lives in a 40 gallon tank and hes a little over 10 inches from tip of the nose to top of the tail. i have two small food/water dishes and a large basking log under the uvb and heat lamp, two hides (which he never uses, but ive seen him sleep in both once). i dont know what could be causing his stress marks other than hes just getting dark to collect heat, any other suggestions?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think the term stress marks is misleading. Young dragons commonly have dark marks along their bellies and it coincides with them darkening to bask and collect heat as you mentioned. It sounds like his behavior is good, he is alert and eating well, so I wouldn't worry about it. What are the surface temps in his basking spot? Is he getting enough heat?

Littlelizardstarman

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2gbyv0nh said:
I think the term stress marks is misleading. Young dragons commonly have dark marks along their bellies and it coincides with them darkening to bask and collect heat as you mentioned. It sounds like his behavior is good, he is alert and eating well, so I wouldn't worry about it. What are the surface temps in his basking spot? Is he getting enough heat?

It's very hot but sometimes he basks at the top of his log. It's at 100 to 105 depending on the temperature of my room. He likes to bask at the bottom of the log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom