Stressful beardie MBD and Xrays

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys so my beardie Chubbs got bloodwork done and she has high levels of calcium so she is getting proper dusted bugs and UVB which is great. She also has normal liver levels so she doesn't have fatty liver disease which again is great. Now I talked to the vet and I mentioned her kink/crooked/hard tipped tail and he said she may of had MBD before i rescued her but shows no actual sign of it besides the kinked tail. Now I can have xrays done just to see bone alignment and it could show she had it at some point in her life. She has great movement energy and is athletic for her size and you would look at her and never question MBD. So my question is should I have a x-ray done just so I know it's there or was there at some point? And all I can do is keep doing what im doing with the calcium bugs UVB natural sunlight and husbandry etc. She is happy and athletic as ever now!!!! I just worry about her tail and if I did something wrong and I know the xrays won't fix her tail but it'll explain why it's kinked. But will this be stressful for her and harm her more than help her? I have never had any animal xrayed so this is out of my element it's why I'm asking

NOTE : She is family so money is no issue

Attachments

• 20220205_130709.jpg
    20220205_130709.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 82

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it sounds like your dragon is doing well and if they had MBD , recovered. No need for Xrays if she's happy + active. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom