Stressed out in new enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a 4. Yr old male beardie. We got him a new enclosure 3 days ago. He seems so stressed out. He constantly is trying to claw his way his way out. Beard turning black which he never does. Hissed at my daughter this morning and he never been aggressive at all ever. We've been taking him out a lot and he calm when we do . Just didn't know if this is common?? Thanks

Angelaaa

We have a 4. Yr old male beardie. We got him a new enclosure 3 days ago. He seems so stressed out. He constantly is trying to claw his way his way out. Beard turning black which he never does. Hissed at my daughter this morning and he never been aggressive at all ever. We've been taking him out a lot and he calm when we do . Just didn't know if this is common?? Thanks
It’s definitely common for them to stress over change. Have you put the same things back in the new one? Do you use a blanket or anything for him? If so put it inside so he can smell something familiar. Good luck with him 💙

Doublebibble1444

Original Poster
It’s definitely common for them to stress over change. Have you put the same things back in the new one? Do you use a blanket or anything for him? If so put it inside so he can smell something familiar. Good luck with him 💙
Yes we did and I'll try the blanket thing thank you so much it just breaks my heart

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Correct lighting UVB and basking temps play a huge role in the behavior ---- please go over the UVB NO coils please and basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate --- temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and placed on the basking spot for 10 min or so ----- NO colored lights as well NO heat mats or rocks --- once we get the lighting figured out we can go from there but that is EXTREMELY important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom