Stressed out beardie? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikadickson

Hatchling Member
We just moved into a new house, so for a few days I had Milo staying at my sister's house. We had to put him and his tank into the car and drive him over there, where he stayed for maybe 4-5 days. I made sure she knew about his lamps and food. Her daughter (6) LOVED him and took him out of his cage frequently. She was pretty good with him but sometimes she'd run around while holding him or touch his face too much or squeeze him too tight. Shed take him out multiple times a day, whereas i usually only take him out every other day. I took him to my new house 2 days ago (which means I had to put him and his tank in the car again). He had a TON of stress spots on his stomach and beard and his coloring was very dark. Every time I walk into the room he hides from me, which he's NEVER done before. He seems really scared. What do I do about it?? Will he be okay?? I got him in April and he was 2 and a half months old at the time.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Poor little guy.

Just when he was getting used to his new home and his new human(s) and setting in, bam, his whole world was thrown into chaos and turmoil and he was suddenly being handled roughly by mini-human and his human(s) was no where to be found. No wonder he's upset and scared and traumatised.

He's going to need a bit of TLC and calm contacts to get over his . I think you'll need to rebuild the trust and re-establish the bond and take things slowly to let him readjust to the new surrounds at his own pace. Lots of quite time with him seems in order to me.

I'm sure in a few weeks or so you'll have a happy relaxed little beardie again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom