Stressed? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
92653-7281627799.jpg
My bearde whom I got 3 days ago I think is stressed the first day I got home he was darker at first then was a very light sandy yellow and he's never been that yellow again and he is a mix of dark and light brown right know and I think he has stress marks like there are some brown lines on his tummy. I'm not sure what I should do and if he is ok. I also believe he is 3 years old if that helps. Could he be stressed from maybe overhandling? Each day I've had him I've spent maybe 10-15 in the morning and afternoon holding him,petting him and mainly letting him lay on me. Also when I got him my dogs were curious and were trying to sniff him and were watching him. I just don't know what to do and I've been keeping the dogs out trying to see if that helps. He's also randomly been shaking his head it isn't bobbing it's more like he's vibrating his head. But any help to this would be appreciated!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He may just be getting used to his new surroundings. It can sometimes take them a while to settle in. I would keep the dogs away for a little while to try and keep things a bit calmer for him. He will likely be just fine given some time. Can you post some photos of him? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

CrazyBeardieGirl

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2mxo561x said:
He may just be getting used to his new surroundings. It can sometimes take them a while to settle in. I would keep the dogs away for a little while to try and keep things a bit calmer for him. He will likely be just fine given some time. Can you post some photos of him? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

I uploaded a picture! In your opinion does he look healthy also is the head shaking/vibrating part of stress?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks good. Maybe a bit overweight. Does his tail have a kink in it or is it just turned in the photo? I'm not sure about the head shaking. If you can get video of it you can upload it to a site like vimeo or youtube and link to it here and I'll take a look.

Is he eating yet? If so, what are you offering him? I would focus on a wide variety of veges in a nice big salad every day and try to get him eating that. That will help ensure he's getting plenty of nutrients. Dark greens like collard, turnip, dandelion, and mustard are good staples. Chopped up squash is usually pretty popular too. I reference this list for ideas and go with what looks fresh at the store each week http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
I think he looks pretty healthy, and his coloring looks good. I'm sure it's just trying to adjust to its new surroundings.

CrazyBeardieGirl

Original Poster
CooperDragon":ijhiws21 said:
He looks good. Maybe a bit overweight. Does his tail have a kink in it or is it just turned in the photo? I'm not sure about the head shaking. If you can get video of it you can upload it to a site like vimeo or youtube and link to it here and I'll take a look.

Is he eating yet? If so, what are you offering him? I would focus on a wide variety of veges in a nice big salad every day and try to get him eating that. That will help ensure he's getting plenty of nutrients. Dark greens like collard, turnip, dandelion, and mustard are good staples. Chopped up squash is usually pretty popular too. I reference this list for ideas and go with what looks fresh at the store each week http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

His tail does have kink in it not sure what from and I've been feeding him salads and superworms on alternate days and his salads so far have been kale and carrots. I'll try and get him some squash. He eats more salads than the worms but I know he still needs protein. How many days a week would you recommend I give him protein and how many days salads?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The kink may be from an old injury or a distortion from improper light/diet in his past. If it doesn't seem to bother him, it's not cause for concern though.

I would provide a nice big salad every day with 2-3 items in it and rotate depending on what looks good at the store each week. I offer a bug meal once or twice a week (usually roaches) and throw in a snack worm here and there (silkworm, hornworm, black soldier fly larvae (or fly). Lots of variety, but definitely heavy on the veges.

CrazyBeardieGirl

Original Poster
CooperDragon":34zcucrg said:
The kink may be from an old injury or a distortion from improper light/diet in his past. If it doesn't seem to bother him, it's not cause for concern though.

I would provide a nice big salad every day with 2-3 items in it and rotate depending on what looks good at the store each week. I offer a bug meal once or twice a week (usually roaches) and throw in a snack worm here and there (silkworm, hornworm, black soldier fly larvae (or fly). Lots of variety, but definitely heavy on the veges.

Thanks so much for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom