Stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bff3636

Just tonight I upgraded my beardie's tank, he was in a 20 gal. with reptile carpet and now he's in a 40 gal. with tile. Other than that I've kept everything the same-- same basking rocks, same vines, same plants. He won't eat the crickets I've put in with him and he's never denied food and he just scratches at the glass. Should I put him back in the 20 gal. or is it safe to let him wait it out? It really stresses me out to see him like this :/. Thank you for your help.

He's still a little thing, probably only several months old.

bff3636

Original Poster
I moved him back into his 20 gal. and he seems better. Does anyone have any tips on how to get him used to the 40 gal.? Before I know it he'll be too big for the 20.

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
moving him back an forth is not good lol if you think the 40 is to big you can block part of it off till he grows some.
i put mine i a 40 when he was 3months old and he did fine after he got use to it.

bff3636

Original Poster
I think mine may only be around 2 months. I put him in there today to eat the crickets he didn't eat last night and he ate fine. He hasn't been scratching at the glass at all. I'll see how he does today, and if he acts like it's too much space I will be sure to block it off! Thank you so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom