Stress marks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bekki10

My beardie is around 10 week's old, and i have looked at other topic's about stress mark's, but am still unsure if the marks on mine are stress mark's. That are little round circles, are these stress marks or just his pattern? Also he is shedding could this be the cause?

stephenrose06

Hatchling Member
my understanding the belly should be white if it has black half circles then its stress, and I figure if they are irritated by shedding then it could cause stress. so could bad temps or not enough UVB.

bekki10

Original Poster
Hi is very irritated by shedding, he is constantly moody recently. Is it something i should be worried about?

LJean

Extreme Poster
I feel like I constantly repeat this, so bear with me, LOL..
My older dragon Oscar, is a big grouch when shedding. He has stress marks, lays around and barely eats. He just looks miserable. It also takes him a long time to shed everything.

Try bathing more frequently to help with the shed.

bekki10

Original Poster
Mine is exactly the same, he look's so miserable now, and he has been shedding for over a week now, i bathed him last night and he seemed very happy, he even came for a cuddle for the first time in a while. How deep should i have the water? Last night i filled it up to his belly and splashed him a bit.

LJean

Extreme Poster
That is what I do. Water up to belly and splashing. ;)

Oscar took two months to shed his entire body. Drove me crazy! He likes to do it in spurts so he is in constant shed. ;)

stephenrose06

Hatchling Member
when I give baths I find that I take a small paper cup and pour the warm water from the tub over Draco, and for a little while he seems ok with it. I was thinking of getting a soft tooth brush to scrub around him too.

Taegrin

Hmm... Archaeon has these all the time. Since the day I got him, he had the marks on his belly and I've never seen them lighten at all except when I let him run around in the bath tub, but he doesn't seem at all stressed out; he's very relaxed, doesn't threaten me at all when I pick him up and he's usually very calm.

bekki10

Original Poster
Minxie's stress marks have gone! I have put him in with 2 other's and the temp was off in the other tank. He has more room to run and play with the other's. I think he was stressed because of the tempreture being off. Glad it's all sorted :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom