Stress marks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulwade54

Where exactly are the stress marks most common to show up at? And how can I tell? Sorry im new with this...My temps are perfectly fine and at the right temps and the basking light is exactly 8 inches away from there basking spot...I just need to know how I can tell if my beardies are stressed or not..When they go to bed and I wake up they have dark spots all over is that just because they haven't been in the heat? I need help! :banghead:

hayl55

Juvie Member
usually the appear on their belly, instead of being a nice clean white belly, you will see round dark circles...they almost look like oval rings.. I think they look neat..but I prefer when my beardie has a nice clean white belly..cause it means shes happy, comfy and warm ;)

kmarie24

i noticed my beardie had these markings on his belly when I took him out of the bath lastnite.......glad I finally know what they are.here was me thinking they were his normal markings, I am a dumb one sometimes lol

stephenrose06

Hatchling Member
ya I try to not be so touchy feely with Draco when he has stress marks, also trying a better way to do the feeder tank with him. They look really cool just don't want him stressed

kmarie24

yeah exactly.I dont want thunder stressed either but it seems that no matter what I try to do, he gets these markings on his belly regardless......think it may just be a baby thing, hes still a little bit jumpy at times and that might be causing it

stephenrose06

Hatchling Member
I also made the mistake of getting excited cause he would wave at me all the time but then read that if they do it too much they could be stressed and worried you will hurt them, so I feel better now he doesn't do it so much and just likes to look at me at times

kmarie24

wow, I didnt even realise that hand waving was through stress!!!.thankfully thunder has only done the waving thing twice (the first night I bought him home) he no longer does this and im now hoping thats a good sign.......thunder likes to sit and look at me too! :)

stephenrose06

Hatchling Member
I think the hand waving especially for a baby is I'm no threat please don't hurt me, although I swear some times it was to get attention cause I'd be in the other room but visable to him and he would come up close as he could and do the hand wave when I first got him.

kmarie24

awwww how sweet.thunder did it again the other night whilst chasing crickets and im sure that he doesnt realise hes doing anything coz when his arm started moving he was looking at it with a baffled look on his face as to say "why is my arm doing that!!"lol

winq

why my dragon have stress mark after eating 4 cricket.. usually he don have.. and he keep wanting to jump out of his tank.. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom