Stress Marks!! helpppp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwick

Okay so my 2 month old beardie just got "stress marks" on his belly and they are getting really dark, im very worried about him, but he doesn't seem stressed at all, he is eating and pooping like a champ he is also going through his first shed could this be the cause of them? and dont worry i checked all the temperatures in his viv and they are all perfect im guessing its either his shed or him seeing himself in the reflection? please help im very concerned about him

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
If your little guy is eating and defecating regularly, I wouldn't worry too much. How long have you had him? Sometimes beardies can suddenly decide that they don't like something in their enclosure, could you try rearranging it? My beardie will get stress marks sometimes when he looks outside (he can see the back yard from his enclosure).

There are many different reasons for stress marks. Frankly, the marks on my dude never fully go away, but I know he's healthy and decently satisfied with his environment, mostly because he's grown so much and has regular habits that I can watch. They say that some males are chronically stressed, and that's just part of being a "man dragon", so-to-speak.

That's about all I can help you with. Hope your little guy de-stresses soon! :)

Zeus71103

Hi! I had this same issue about a week ago. I was told they sometimes turn darker and get stress marks when they are trying to absorb more heat. Try turning the temp up a little. It worked for me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom