Stress Markings on Dragon in Store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkerandMe

Hatchling Member
I was visiting my 5 inch beardie in the pet store the other day, and noticed a bunch of black squiggly stress marks. I've heard of this on beardies when first purchased, but never on ones in the actual store. It's a great pet store, and the set up and everything looks fine. He looks absolutely healthy otherwise. Is this a problem? Should I be worried? I am getting him in a week. He is my first bearded dragon and I really want him to be healthy. Thanks for helping.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about stress lines too much. They are common on young dragons and tend to go away. If he's alert and looks healthy otherwise, he's probably fine.

Stress marks are not always actually caused by stress.
When a beardie basks, his back tends to get dark in order to absorb much heat, and the tummy darkens to match. That might be all.
A dark, flared beard is more indicative of being upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom