Stress lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emjay22

98067-3623635564.jpg
I got my first beardie a few days ago! I got her from a breeder a few hours away, so I bought her a carrier and lined it with repticarpet. After I bought her, I put her in the carrier and then I put the carrier on my lap. A few minutes into the drive I looked on my felt something on my sleeve. She escaped somehow and came out to cuddle with me! I checked her belly and there was no sign of stress lines. When we got home I put her in her enclosure and she ran around quite a bit, and then climbed up to her basking spot. She didn’t have any stress lines either, and later that night she ate 4 small crickets dusted with calcium powder. Today, after I fed her, I noticed she had extremely dark stress lines all over her belly. I let her bask for a few hours, (undisturbed), and then I checked on her again. She still had stress lines. I noticed she was running across her viv, and so I just assumed she wanted to be picked up. I picked her up, and her stress lines disappeared. I cuddled with her for about ten minutes, and then put her back into her viv. I left for five minutes and when I came back she had stress lines again! So basically she has stress lines whenever she’s in her viv. Is there something wrong with my setup? She’s in a 50 gallon viv, her basking spot temp is 105, the cool side of her Viv is at 85, she has a hide and a basking platform. Her UV light is a reptisun compact.( I would have the reptisun 10.0 but I can’t find a fixture) and she is 2.5 months old.

Sorry for so much writing! Next time I’ll try to shorten it a little

Mj

Edit: the dark spot on her nose is from a little nip from her sibling. I took the picture when I first got her and it’s starting to go away now

Emjay22

Original Poster
Update: I just bathed her, and she drank some water. Her stress lines have gone away, so I guess she was just dehydrated? I feel like such a bad beardie mom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom