stress lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elisa245

So I bought a new beardie and it always looks like he has stress lines. Idk if maybe thats how his skin is, but even under the basking light I can see the lines. Is that normal? I just got him 4 days ago, so maybe he is still getting use to his new tank. Theres nothing really wrong with him. He’s a healthy beardie. I just would feel bad if hes always stressed.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Relocation stress is a strong possibility.
Some settle in right away, others take some time adjusting. If his environment is right, give him a few days to relax.

Is he eating well? Appetite is a good indication of stress, as skin color can change for other reasons as well.

Stress marks don't always mean stress. He could be moody, a little cool or even needing to take a poop.

Also, Dragons will darken their skin to absorb heat and UVB. Is his basking spot warm enough and the right UVB bulb (tube) being used? Mine will get darker (complete with full stress marks) if he is too lazy to move closer to the heat bulb.

Elisa245

Original Poster
Ohhhh. Wow I didnt know that. Very interesting. Yes, he is a great eater! I think I also forgot to mention that hes shedding. So he could be moody over that. And basking light is warm enough, and UVB (mine is a tube) is about 6 inches away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom