Strange sleeping situation.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Hey, it's been awhile for me on here. Hope everyone and their beardies are doing well! 8)

So in the past month. Iv'e come home late at night to finding my beardie (KUMA) sleeping on his basking log. :shock:
The first time i was very worried, i was settling in, My girl and had been out late. I had glanced at his cage like i usually do and didn't see anything. about 3 minutes later, my girl says..."Why is Kuma still laying on his log?" I looked over like.... :shock: n awoke him gently and slowly put him in his sleeping cave.....

Today, I come in about 3 hours after lights out, I look in his cage and he was passed out on his log again but he was hanging from the back looking towards the face of the tank, sleeping but it was scary because once i noticed i just went into panick mode and thought the worst. I then slowly picked him up and held/cradled him for about 20 minutes n then put him back in his cave...

He always goes into his cave by himself otherwise, eats normally, temps are fine, behavior, social personality is nice everything... Has anyone else found their beardie passed on their basking log? Is this normal? Should i be concerned at all? :?

snowdrop

Juvie Member
Hi,

I don't think you should be worried if his temps are right and hes eating and pooping ok. All my three take notions like that. They each have a wee house with a fleece blanket were they sleep and fred now sleep squished in the corner beside his basking rocks so i moved his blanket there, and the baby seven last night slept on top of her basking log, which was a first.

I don't think it's anything to worry about.

leezerd

My beardie started doing the same thing just recently. He's roughly 5 - 6 months and also started digging around which had me keeping an extra eye on him/her(?). It seems like they're just comfy and don't feel the need to relocate which i guess would be a sign of comfort.

snowdrop

Juvie Member
As said above a comfy thing! Rexie would sleep on the window sill if i let her and fred likes the wires behind the tv, when they are out! Just like us the move about til the find the right place for a while. :blob5: :blob8:

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Cool thanks! still looks uncomfy n somewhat disturbing. I just want him to be at ease and as comfortable as possible. I guess Kuma and I's ideas of comfy are different :lol:

Monkey

Juvie Member
Yeah I wouldn't worry, my girl has been napping on her basking log since she was little. When I turn off the light, she moves around a bit let her arms and legs just hang and passes out and she's deep asleep :) Its funny though cause when she's basking the arms and legs are attached to the log when she pass out she lets them hang. My lizard has never been the hiding kind of type, I think they stop going into a cave and so once they feel more safe I'd guess? Or they are just too lazy to move..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom