Strange colored excrement, and lethargic mood

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0nk3y

My guy had a really weird excrement that looked like diarrhea or vomit..... I haven't been able to give him live food in a few days but have been giving him vegetables (butternut squash and mustard greens), so I thought that might be what was causing it. I posted some pictures, so if they gross you out, I apologize, but just wanted to check to make sure it was nothing major. He had the same kind of thing 2 days ago, when he excreted last time. He also has been fairly lethargic the last 2 days or so. I posted this in another section yesterday but did not get any responses, and I didn't want to wait in case it was serious.
P1110005.jpg

P1110006.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What else are you feeding him? What type of feeders are you giving him, & are they appropriately sized for him, that is being smaller than the space between the eyes?
What type of sand is in his tank, washed & sifted playsand or calcisand?
I need some more information from you please.
What are your basking temps, & what do you use to measure the temps with, a stick on thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?

Tracie

m0nk3y

Original Poster
thats all I have fed him in the last week, I gave him some small crickets about 8 days ago. the sand is sifted playsand and the basking temperature was measured at about 108 (with a degital probe) with the other end of the tank reading about 80-90 degrees (with a T-Rex round stick on thermometer).

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hm, that is odd. It is hard to tell if he vomited or went to the bathroom.
How late in the day did you feed him?
I suggest starting some oral fluids to help replace fluids he has lost. How does his color look, pale or normal? Is his beard darkened?
Perhaps you should also start giving some babyfood as well, & try to get a fecal done on him too just to make sure it is not parasites.
What type of lighting are you using, such as the type & brand of UVB & the type of basking light?

Tracie

m0nk3y

Original Poster
I am using a ReptiGlo 10.0 UVB Compact on one end of the tank with a All Living Things Basking Bulb (75W) at the other end of the tank, with a regular indoor lightbulb in the middle to help regulate the heat. I feed him some veggies in the morning and then some in the evening, usually about 5pm and his lights turn off at 8pm. His color looks fine, and his beard is a little blackened. I will try and get him some baby food, does it matter what vegetable of baby food to give him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom