Strange Behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little D

Hatchling Member
The last two days, my BD has been acting very strange. He's been running all over his viv, trying to climb the walls, trying to get through the glass doors, just nuts. Also, his neck area has been turning a solid black.

Is this something I should be worried about? He seems to be eating okay, although not as much as usual. But, his feeding pattern has changed since the cold weather has moved in so I just thought it was all part of his brumation. He still gets his calcium but maybe not as much since he's not eating 30 or 40 cricks a day like before.

Any thoughts on what could be going on? Thanks

Little D

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
As close as I can guess, he's about 7 months old. I've had him for about 5 - 6 months now. Temps are staying perfect. 105 - 110 for the basking and 80 - 84 on the cool side. I'm running a 36" Reptisun 10 (because they're the best ;) ) He's been on the same food since I got him. His greens, which he mostly likes Dandelion and Collards. Right now, he's eating cricks but since my Dubias are doing so well, he will be switching to them in the near future.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Sounds like your little one is discovering his hormones. Beardies of that age can hit 'puberty' start to feel like big boys and dash around like monsters and flash their beards.
He might be a little irratable when you try and hold him for the new couple of weeks but Im sure he'll settle down again.

Holly

Little D

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply Ethilia. I'm glad it's something as simple as that. Actually, about the handling part, if we open the door of his viv, he comes darting out. Normally, he would just sit there and stare at you.

I was just worried that it may have been something more serious...

Thanks again.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
No problem.
Hopefully this is all that is wrong.
But do keep an eye on his eating and his weight.

Holly x

makubex01

Hatchling Member
My beardie is doing the same thing now but all around the same time in the afternoon? I have no idea. But mine is 18 months old.

Little D

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mine starts the day out normally and then later, maybe around noon or later, is when he gets all rangy. As soon as I bring him out, he just sits on me and stares at everything and his color goes back to normal. Then, for the rest of the day he's fine. Funny creatures they are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom