Strange Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Malygos has been fairly calm since I got him. He enjoys short periods of handling (he'll usually run all over the place if it's too long), eats his feeders like a pig, and watches me during the day while he basks. He usually goes to bed on his own quite early so I find it hard to get his second feeding time in before he sleeps on his cool side. I gave him a second feeding of dubias today and saw that he had gone to bed maybe an hour afterward. He looked very dark and had lots of very dark stress marks, which he never has. I gave him a short soak since that usually causes the light stress marks he sometimes has to turn to a creamy white belly. His marks didn't go away and he wanted out of his bath early so I put him on my arm then he crawled onto my shoulder. He proceeded to leap off of my shoulder onto the carpet (about a 2.5-3 foot drop from a sitting position and he's just a baby so it would be like throwing yourself off a cliff), run partially under the bed, open his mouth as if to bite me when I knelt down to get him, and run around some more before I cupped my hands over him. Do they just have bad days when they are cranky?

He didn't injure himself when he jumped (he's done similar jumps before but none from quite that high). I'm trying to give him short periods of handling while he is small so he will become used to it by the time he's older but he is such a little daredevil that I worry that he's going to hurt himself.

sheri85

Juvie Member
has he shed yet? Archer gets really dark for long periods of time and stays that way. yours might be grumpy if he's about to shed. and don't worry too much about him jumping off you. Archer jumped off my shoulder while i was standing and landed on the concrete driveway (yes, i totally panicked, but he was perfectly fine). and he's fallen off the table a bunch of times. he likes to run across the couch and jump on the end table, but he can't stop because the table is polished so he slides right off the edge :laughhard: and he always acts like that's what he meant to do.

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He seems less cranky today but he's eating a little less. He's shed his tail, body, feet, and the top of his head in the past couple weeks but I can see the dullness in the front of his face so I think that might be it. He gets a bath almost daily but I'm a little afraid to toothbrush him since he's so small and I'm worried about doing it too hard and hurting him. I think he realized what a little butt he was yesterday because I actually got some "I want to come out!" glass dancing for the first time today. :D

Yeah, he seems pretty durable but I didn't want people to think I was being unsafe with him. Even if I handle him on my bed, he launches to the floor and I don't want to start on the floor since there are so many things he can get lost in at his size. That's funny about him sliding off the table. It sounds like my cat tearing through the kitchen and skidding out. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom