Strange Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradField

My beardie has been acting really sketchy lately , every time i pet him he flinches , jumps or even runs away..

I do not understand why , i feed him plenty , he has a giant tank , and he is treated great. I got him a month and a half ago , and he has been fine up until the last week? Could this mean someone did something to him when i wasn't around? I looked at him and he has no visible injuries , and I let him out and he just runs away.

I was thinking another beardie would cheer him up? if you have any info ot advice , please share.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
As far as what caused it, we wouldn't be able to help you without more information. Off the top of my head, a phase, puberty, got spooked, stress.

a friend would not cheer him up. They are solitary creatures. They don't make friends with each other. One will dominate the other who will not get enough food, heat, uv and will suffer as a result. And that's if your lucky, they can also fight, disfigure and kill one another.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Lets just make sure your setup is proper so we can rule that out. Can you tell us what size viv you have and what lights you are running as in the UVB and heat? What are your temps on the cool side and hot and how you are measuring them? Also what is the diet like and how often do you handle him?

BradField

Original Poster
For his setup , I have him in a 100 gallon tank , with his warm side ( basking spot ) at about 103 degrees , his cool side is about 70 degrees , both mesured by a probe thermometer , he has a basking log , food disg and water fountain , a heat rock , a cave to sleep in.

his diet is crickets every other day , but he has fresh veggies like green beans , leeks , kale and fruit aswell , his crickets are powdered with beardie vitimins.

BradField

Original Poster
For his setup , I have him in a 100 gallon tank , with his warm side ( basking spot ) at about 103 degrees , his cool side is about 70 degrees , both mesured by a probe thermometer , he has a basking log , food disg and water fountain , a heat rock , a cave to sleep in.

his diet is crickets every other day , but he has fresh veggies like green beans , leeks , kale and fruit aswell , his crickets are powdered with beardie vitimins. i handle him every day.

young bds should be given crickets everyday and powders with calcium 5 times a week 1 feed a day. and vitamins 2 days a week veg everyday and worms as tasty treats (very fattening) try hand feeding extra petting an cuddles an let him sleep on a t-shirt or something that smells like you and you don't mind washing poo off lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom