Straining too hard after bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgip2202

So I give my beardy a bath about 2 times a week (which he does not like) and after the bath he starts to strain really hard like he has to poop. What concerns me is that I can see two red nodes coming out of his vent on each side. No poop comes out, just a little white stuff sometimes. Is this normal? Should I stop giving him baths? He does poop on a daily basis.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you review your tank setup with us, such as your UVB light, calcium supplementation, temperatures, etc.
How old is your dragon?
Does this happen every time he goes to the bathroom?

Tracie

Bgip2202

Original Poster
He is in a 75gal tank. Repti carpet for substrate. 24" ReptiSun on on side and a standard 24" flourscent light fixture on the other side (inside the tank) UVB light is about 8" away from basking spot. Basking temp is where is should be, 100-115 throughout the day. I do believe he is around 8 months old. I weighed him Saturday, 117g, 13". I offer him greens and squash or zuchinni in the morning which he ignores for the most part. And around 4 in the afternoon I feed him about 30 crickets. If I dust them with calcium powder he does not seem as egar about eating his crickets and will only eat about 5, then I give in and give him un-dusted crickets. Soon as I can (soon as I can talk the wife into) I'll be going to dubia roaches.

This issue of him pooping only happens after he gets his bath. Every morning, usually before 8, he makes his poop as normal on the opposite side of his basking area and I clean it up before I go to work. It just freaks me out a little when he's straining so hard to poop and little red "nodes" come out.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is he doing today?
Sometimes that can happen if they do strain a bit too hard. It happens every time though?
He is taking in enough fluids pretty often?
You are probably referring to the hemepenes on either side that can evert when they go to the bathroom sometimes.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom