Straining to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
So I picked up peggy off of craigs list. Long story short she has been fed tons of mealworms daily. She was just pushing herself on the rock trying to force herself to go. Part of her inside was outside like a ring ad pic
rosievent2.jpg

Is this bad? I have her soaking in my tub.

fez09

Extreme Poster
That is a prolapse, now that she's soaking, did the tissue go back inside of her?? You will need to soak her and try to get her to take some oral liquid as well. Also, the mealworms may not be helping. Their shell is harder to digest than other feeders. You may also want to get a jar of squash baby food and feed her using a medicine dropper.

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I never feed mealworms but that is all he fed her everyday. What kind of oral stuff. The tissue goes bacck in maybe that is why she is so big she is backed up?

fez09

Extreme Poster
Has she pooped? I suggest that you get some water in her, if she is backed up the water and babyfood will help loosen things up...

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She pooped earlier alot of mealworms. Then 20 minutes ago when she was pushing against the rock she did a little one she just did a real small one in the tub. I gave her some olive oil kind of by force I cannot get the syringe in her mouth to tkae the water. After she had the olive oil she is breathing funny and sounds almost like a little hiccup when she breathes ut softer and her mouth is closed.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Be very careful forcing any kind of fluid because they can aspirate it into their lungs which may have happen. Make sure the basking temps are perfect and keep an eye on her. When she's leaving little poops, is it poop or urate? Any chance of her being gravid? Can you feel eggs in her belly?

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I thought of that right after I did it I am freaking out a bit. I don't know if she is gravid I just got her yesterday how do I feel for eggs. She is very large she seems to be pushing back and forth with her front legs and breathing down towards her vent.
peggysue11.jpg

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She has not passed any urates or pee just poop. really small dark brown not hard though you can also see the shells in it.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Just run your finger from the top part of her tummy straight down, sometimes you can feel little jelly bean lumps! LOL, that's not a technical term BTW! Has she been digging at all or pacing back and forth alot?
She may be puffy and bloated from being plugged up...

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She is too puffy her breathig is scaring me kind of heavy did I hurt her with forcing the olive oil it was only 1/2 ml. She is the prettiest colors at the moment that I have ever seen on her. She is very calm right now just sitting there.

fez09

Extreme Poster
I would let her settle down for a little bit, like I said, the olive oil could have went into her lungs if she inhaled when you squirted it in her mouth...Keep a close eye on her and make sure her temps are high enough...I'll check back in an hour or 2!

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much you have no idea how much your help is appreciated. If some went into her lungs she won't die will she?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom