Stool issues

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Heya bd.org 👋

More poop posts, I know, forgive me 😅 Leo’s having some issues again and I highly doubt anything husbandry related could have caused it, considering you all probably know his husbandry by heart now I don’t think it’s necessary to go over it AGAIN. 🤔

Here’s what’s going on, his stool has been fluctuating in consistency for quite a while. Currently it has been more loose than I’d deem normal, it’s not complete liquid like you sometimes see on this forum. It is a pile of mush (ohh- that sounds horrible 🤢)

As I mentioned before, highly doubting its husbandry caused. His UVB is an Arcadia lamp that is an appropriate distance for its wattage and percentage. His basking bulb keeps temps at 95-107 degrees, measured with a Zoomed digital probe.

I guess it could be food related, he’s been eating a lot more salad (eats all of it about 80% of the time) than he used to and I upped the size of his crickets to 3/4 since the distance between his eyes is well over an inch now. No squash for a while.

Literally nothing has changed, this started about a month ago and it’s been on and off ever since. No idea why but he isn’t ill, no black beard or lethargy. Doubt it’s a big deal but I’d like to solve this mystery, it’s a pain in the neck to clean up 😓

-J4ckdaw out

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your tank setup sounds fine, but they can definitely have some issues with digestion sometimes. You are
giving him a couple of hours prior to lights out to digest & feed him?
You could try some Bromelain powder/enzyme which is the active enzyme from Pineapple. It acts as a
digestive aid, like what a probiotic would. Have you tried any probiotics for him?
Does he seem to have any trouble digesting the larger crickets?

Tracie

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Hello,

Your tank setup sounds fine, but they can definitely have some issues with digestion sometimes. You are
giving him a couple of hours prior to lights out to digest & feed him?
You could try some Bromelain powder/enzyme which is the active enzyme from Pineapple. It acts as a
digestive aid, like what a probiotic would. Have you tried any probiotics for him?
Does he seem to have any trouble digesting the larger crickets?

Tracie
I give him an hour after the lights go on before I feed him (6:30-7:30) on weekdays and I give him 3 hours on weekends (6:30-9:00). He basks for a few hours after that.

I’ve never tried probiotics with him before, do you by the enzymes from a drugstore or a reptile store? I can pick some up today if I need to, how often do I supplement it?

No, he has no issue with the 3/4 crickets. I changed it up a few weeks ago but the issue started before then. I could downsize a bit but that would mean they’d be a bit small…

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom