Stool issues

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Heya bd.org 👋

More poop posts, I know, forgive me 😅 Leo’s having some issues again and I highly doubt anything husbandry related could have caused it, considering you all probably know his husbandry by heart now I don’t think it’s necessary to go over it AGAIN. 🤔

Here’s what’s going on, his stool has been fluctuating in consistency for quite a while. Currently it has been more loose than I’d deem normal, it’s not complete liquid like you sometimes see on this forum. It is a pile of mush (ohh- that sounds horrible 🤢)

As I mentioned before, highly doubting its husbandry caused. His UVB is an Arcadia lamp that is an appropriate distance for its wattage and percentage. His basking bulb keeps temps at 95-107 degrees, measured with a Zoomed digital probe.

I guess it could be food related, he’s been eating a lot more salad (eats all of it about 80% of the time) than he used to and I upped the size of his crickets to 3/4 since the distance between his eyes is well over an inch now. No squash for a while.

Literally nothing has changed, this started about a month ago and it’s been on and off ever since. No idea why but he isn’t ill, no black beard or lethargy. Doubt it’s a big deal but I’d like to solve this mystery, it’s a pain in the neck to clean up 😓

-J4ckdaw out

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your tank setup sounds fine, but they can definitely have some issues with digestion sometimes. You are
giving him a couple of hours prior to lights out to digest & feed him?
You could try some Bromelain powder/enzyme which is the active enzyme from Pineapple. It acts as a
digestive aid, like what a probiotic would. Have you tried any probiotics for him?
Does he seem to have any trouble digesting the larger crickets?

Tracie

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Hello,

Your tank setup sounds fine, but they can definitely have some issues with digestion sometimes. You are
giving him a couple of hours prior to lights out to digest & feed him?
You could try some Bromelain powder/enzyme which is the active enzyme from Pineapple. It acts as a
digestive aid, like what a probiotic would. Have you tried any probiotics for him?
Does he seem to have any trouble digesting the larger crickets?

Tracie
I give him an hour after the lights go on before I feed him (6:30-7:30) on weekdays and I give him 3 hours on weekends (6:30-9:00). He basks for a few hours after that.

I’ve never tried probiotics with him before, do you by the enzymes from a drugstore or a reptile store? I can pick some up today if I need to, how often do I supplement it?

No, he has no issue with the 3/4 crickets. I changed it up a few weeks ago but the issue started before then. I could downsize a bit but that would mean they’d be a bit small…

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk
Hi everyone, I have a question please. I have a thick branch I got from outside. It has been in freezing temperatures so I know that it is insect free. I took it off the ground and sat it up during a night we got down to 15 so the entire thing would freeze. Well tonight I put white vinegar all over it too cleanse it since it won't fit in my oven. Do I need to rinse with water tomorrow or is it fine left alone dried?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2butlerbeardies
Top Bottom