Stomach spasm

Jackie...BD!

Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Hello everyone. I notice that my beardie girl having spasm in her stomach sometimes. I have a little video from camera. It's hard to see but you can notice how she straighten up on her legs when it's happening. She's not basking and eating much later, I think she's in some sort of brumation mode. She's about 9 month old. Maybe someone experienced something similar.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello everyone. I notice that my beardie girl having spasm in her stomach sometimes. I have a little video from camera. It's hard to see but you can notice how she straighten up on her legs when it's happening. She's not basking and eating much later, I think she's in some sort of brumation mode. She's about 9 month old. Maybe someone experienced something similar.
That's is weird - what are her basking temps and how are you taking them? Analogs are inaccurate - uvb ? Long tube fixture or a coil?

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
That's is weird - what are her basking temps and how are you taking them? Analogs are inaccurate - uvb ? Long tube fixture or a coil?
I have 34 arcadia 12% uvb. Basking spot 97-105. I checked with probe thermometer. Gun shows little more cause it's rock.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have 34 arcadia 12% uvb. Basking spot 97-105. I checked with probe thermometer. Gun shows little more cause it's rock.
is your UVB in the tank? Screens will block 30% of those rays- if its a wide hole its fine if its on top but you want distance 8-10 inches w/ it directly over the basking decor --
I am gonna flag two people to look at the video --
@Drache613
@AHBD

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
is your UVB in the tank? Screens will block 30% of those rays- if its a wide hole its fine if its on top but you want distance 8-10 inches w/ it directly over the basking decor --
I am gonna flag two people to look at the video --
@Drache613
@AHBD
It's inside. I having watery poop problem with my beardie. So I done everything possible in her enclosure while ago!

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Dubia roches, bsfl. Sometimes meal worms and superworms. Lately she doesn't want dubias. Don't feed any veggies or fruits except sweet potato. Greens like colard, mustard, escarole,turnip.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Dubia roches, bsfl. Sometimes meal worms and superworms. Lately she doesn't want dubias. Don't feed any veggies or fruits except sweet potato. Greens like colard, mustard, escarole,turnip.
I am confused your not feeding any veggies?

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Nope, cause she has a watery poop all the time. Trying to avoid anything that can do that. Just mix of greens and sweet potato.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's odd, never seen anything like this. Looks like she might be in pain. Can you get an xray or ultrasound done ?

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
That's odd, never seen anything like this. Looks like she might be in pain. Can you get an xray or ultrasound done ?
Doesn't really seems concerning her, even once it was looks like she just walking like that. Never happen to see it myself , only on camera. I'll watch her a little longer and if it's repeat I'll to the vet.

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Also it was happen twice for in a duration of month. Today's it happen twice in the evening, she ate more than lately insects. 7 teaches ant 3 superworms plus some dried BSFL. Before it happens after she eats too. May be that's has to do something with it. That's just happens 20 minutes ago while she asleep

Attachments

• VID-20230929-WA0007.mp4
    297.5 KB

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom