sticks from outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i went to the lake recently with some family and friends and while i was there i happend to find a really cool stick i wanted to put in aspens cage. so i took it home and washed it off, than i sanded it really well with an electric sander. Right after that i boiled a large pot of water and poured it on the stick with a cup. Is it safe now to put in his cage? someone else told me i should use a bleach + water solution but i didint think it would really be a good idea since it is a stick and i thought it may soak the bleach into it. long story short i poured boiling water on it, and sanded it down. is it safe?

BotanicalStig

Juvie Member
Do you know what kind of wood it is? Some can be toxic to reptiles and if you aren't sure what it is, it might be a good idea to pass. A bleach solution is ok as long as you soak it with tap water and rinse it out really well. You can also steam it or use a "beardie-friendly" cleaner from the pet store or off of www.beardeddragon.co. If the stick fits in your oven, bake it at 200 for an hour or two.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
We did a similar cleaning job on our beardies branches. We found ours on a hike. After cleaning and sanding ours, we let them sit in the closet for 2 weeks, then cleaned them one more time to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom