Stella is HERE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingnuts

Juvie Member
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Stella arrived today. She looks great. She was peering out of her pillow case when the box was opened like what the heck happened and where am I?!? :lol: She ate 8 dubia roaches and I gave her a bath. She did the beardie thing and promptly pooped in her bath water. :mrgreen: If she maintains that trend it will be much easier to keep her enclosure clean!

TY TY TY Matt for taking such good care of her and for letting her come to NY. She's a fabulous girl and will be spoiled rotten. If you can imagine that. A spoiled beardie...who has ever heard of such a thing!!!!!! :shock: :roll: 8) :mrgreen:

I'm off to obsess some more. :love5: :love10: :love5: :love10:

Tracy

wingnuts

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ooops...I forgot to post a couple of pictures. DUH!!! :laughing6:

Stella1.jpg

Stella2.jpg

Stella3.jpg

LeGiTbEaRdIe

Hatchling Member
So i went to go look at the tracking thing on ups and it said delivered... but it showed the wrong address!!! :shock:

so i freaked out and called like 10 times and then she txted me and said she had got there....what a relief...

how is she settling in?

isnt she just a cuddly little girl?

wingnuts

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I work on Mondays and Fridays and have a 2 hour commute each way...so I'm not always able to actually get to a phone to talk. But I was doing the same thing with tracking the package on my cell. As soon as it was delivered it was scooped up and taken someplace warm!!!

I knew something was up because I could see you had called...but I can't use the phone in the NICU. Sorry if you were panicking! I'm off to put some finishing touches on her new house now.

Yes...she is a love bug!!!!! We'll talk later. :D

wingnuts

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Stella11.jpg

Stella4.jpg

Stella7.jpg

stella5.jpg

Stella12.jpg

Stella is such a curious little piggy! We converted an old dresser into an enclosure. She tongued everything as she explored her way around the cage. She gobbled up several big bites of her salad to wash down 2 more big juicy dubia roaches that we gave her (yes...she hogged down 10 roaches tonight :shock: ) and went back to checking things out.

There are still some tweaks to do on her home...but over all we are happy with it. It gives us a drawer to keep our beardie related stuff--the supplements, etc.

My 4 year old is in love. He was carrying her around bundled up in a blanket while we were moving her things around. My oldest son was afraid to pick her up. A big old almost 14 year old afraid of dragons! :roll: My 16 year old daughter thinks that Stella is cute. I guess that's a HUGE compliment from a 16 year old drama queen!!! :mrgreen:

I have not had a beardie in a couple of years. Long, lonely years. :( So I am soooooo :love5: :love5: :love5: happy to have one in my life again. Yay Stella!!!!

wingnuts

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi and thanks re: the cage. :D She is around 1 year old from what we were told. She was rescued from not the best situation by a fellow beardie enthusiast in AZ. Then I adopted her from him and am so happy with her. She is a bit on the small size for a supposed 1 year old but if she wasn't getting her nutritional needs met it makes sense. :cry: So she is getting fed and fed and fed some more now and we'll see how it goes. Hopefully she fattens up and gets a little more size to her...but if she doesn't that's okay too because she's a keeper no matter what!!!

Tracy & Stella

wingnuts

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OMG...Stella is such a freaking sweet girl!!!!!!! :love10: :love5: :love10: :love5: :love10: I wrapped her up in a blanket tonight and was sitting on the couch with her. She kept wiggling and I was feeling all disappointed because I figured she wanted to run off. But noooooooo...she just wiggled until she was laying snuggled on my chest then she fell asleep. The only time she would move was to snuggle in tighter. Awwwww...

I hated to put her into the viv so that I could work out. :cry: I put her pink blankie in the viv with her and she just snuggled back in and went back to sleep. I am so loving my new girl!!!

Tracy

snowdrop

Juvie Member
aww you have a snuggle butt! lol that's what i call rexie she would much rather be out with me than in her viv, shes out every chance she gets! lol

Sounds like shes eating you out of house and home! that's great! My we rescue seven, is a year old now and is only ten inches long! but ive had her two and half months and 2 on those inches shes grown since i got her, i don't mind if she doesn't get full size, as long she her health keep improving!

ps so how many cute other names have you given her??? rexei aka queen aka snuggle butt, fred aka mummy's boy etc! lol

wingnuts

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Miss Piggy is a common name when she is obviously pigging out and when she poops in the viv...Stinkerbell. :mrgreen:

I don't care how big Stella gets either. As long as she is happy and healthy then it's all good. She is giving me the stink eye right now because I just got home from work and I haven't rescued her from the viv yet. I'm looking back at her thinking you crapped in your viv and I cleaned it up...isn't that enough until I get dinner cooked?!? :lol: She'll probably win... :wink:

Tracy

snowdrop

Juvie Member
beardie's will always win! My fiance complains because my 3 all get fed first, he even said he gona buy a lizard costume so he can get they attention they do, but he hasn't yet! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom