Stay in hide

Zehenry

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
I have a bearded dragon that is 13 months old and is a male. He is currently acting weird for him. He is staying in is hide wide awake during the day with no basking unless I encourage it. He is slightly digging in the hide. He will come out for crickets and will hunt them down with no lack of energy or lack of appetite. He also gets excited for worms. He really isn't eating any veggies or fruit i sit out unless I hand feed raspberries (his addiction). He will lay out on his hammock in the windowsill and looks like he is enjoying it. He is pooping about 3 times a week. I'm just really confused since his insect appetite isn't changing i would think brumation is coming.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a bearded dragon that is 13 months old and is a male. He is currently acting weird for him. He is staying in is hide wide awake during the day with no basking unless I encourage it. He is slightly digging in the hide. He will come out for crickets and will hunt them down with no lack of energy or lack of appetite. He also gets excited for worms. He really isn't eating any veggies or fruit i sit out unless I hand feed raspberries (his addiction). He will lay out on his hammock in the windowsill and looks like he is enjoying it. He is pooping about 3 times a week. I'm just really confused since his insect appetite isn't changing i would think brumation is coming.
What are the surface basking temps? They need to be taken w/a digital probe thermometer- and what kind of UVB are you using? Coil or a long tube fixture?

Zehenry

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
105 basking, warm side 85, cool side 78. Use a laser thermometer. Using two coils that cover 2/3 of the tank which is 70 gals but am switching to long tube tomorrow to see if that changes things for him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
105 basking, warm side 85, cool side 78. Use a laser thermometer. Using two coils that cover 2/3 of the tank which is 70 gals but am switching to long tube tomorrow to see if that changes things for him.
Please change it out to a 24" Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a 24 watt Acrcadia Pro T 5 w a 12% bulb - please post on here when you get it and I will help you place it for your tank -- please get 2 digital probe thermometers for the cool side and the hot side -- they are the most accurate for temps

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom