Starting colony - Dubia noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received 45 adult female, 15 adult male, 100 mix and 1000 small (1/2" and under) roaches in the mail today to start my colony and to use as feeders. Have two bins set up ahead of time 1 for the colony and 1 for the feeders. The 1000 small are the feeders (obviously) so I can pretty much leave the colony alone for a while so it can grow. Will order more feeders if needed till I'm self suficiant. I'm done with damn crickets.

The first thing I noticed was that there was a lot of noise almost a faint scratching noise. Was not expecting that at all. They may not chirp like crickets but they are sure making alot of noise when up close. Can't hear it from a few feet away so its not an issue more of a caught me off guard thing. Do they settle down after a bit? or is that gonna be the norm?

ju5t1n

Juvie Member
Mine I never really hear unless I'm taking them down to disturb them. I just hear them crawling on the egg crates sometimes. If you leave them alone they shouldn't make to much noise.

-Justin

unkempt1

Juvie Member
Yeah I don't hear mine because I keep my bins in a closet in the hottest room in the house. :lol: That being said, when I open the closet door I can here them scurrying around. I think it's cool! :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom