Spring-like behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak

Hatchling Member
Are anyone else's beardies acting... "twitterpatted"? Jak has been acting just like he has the last 2 springs (running around, bobbing at no one, trying to claw out of the tank...) and our newer one, Morgan, who just figured out how to beard a few months ago (don't know his age.) has been becoming aggressive towards me in particular! We've had him for a year, and this is the first time he's shown extended aggressiveness towards anyone. I expected this out of him earlier (after his old home, if I was in his scales, I'd bite humans too! :evil: ) but he's always been so loving. I miss my Morgie!

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Aw I'm sorry. Maybe if you shorten their days a little they'll calm down? You can't exactly throw a bucket of snow in the viv and say "Look it's winter!!" Just keep handling Morgan as much as possible and try different clothes, different rooms, whatever... maybe something is bothering him other than hormones. He'll be loving again, I'm sure.

Jak

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you for your reply.

I'm not sure if changing my shirt, ect is going to help because I haven't worn the same shirt every day for the last year that we've had Morgan. :lol: I'm wondering why the change in personality? You know?

Plus, they've been in the same spot for ages. Morgan's tank has been in front of the window since we got him last Dec. and Jak's been there for the last 2 years. (they can't see each other.) And, Jak has always been in the livingroom. Even at his old home, he was pointed in front of the TV (and the boy loves his tv... He pitches a fit if "Twister" is on and you change the channel. :roll: ) They like looking out the window during the day and watching the tv in the evenings (though we need to be careful at night. Jak will watch TV if we're not careful. He closes his eyes when we walk by and then open them again when he thinks we're not watching. I've got him trained... If I pinch my two fingers together, he'll close his eyes.)

It's just been the last month that Morgan's been acting funny. About the same time Jak started acting like I've never seen him act (in the last 2 1/2 years we've had him) like he is, exempting in Spring time. As for handling, we handle both boys every day frequently. In fact, I handle them so much, they tend to be very clingy to me, so the fact that Morgan is acting aggressive is very unusual. As for titrating the daylight, we have automatic timers set, so it's always precise, and my DH shortens/lengthens their days. For some reason, both lizards are exhibiting abnormal behavior for them. I would just shrug it off if it was just Morgan, but it's both, and Jak is most definitely acting like he's wanting to find a mate. I have never seen him act like this in December.

I was wondering if others are acting funny. I know the weather has been strange around here (we have bulbs growing, flowers blooming, and a pea plant from this year is still producing peas!) and I wondered if it had something to do with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom