Spring fever already? Now with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Scorch came out of her winter duldrums about a week ago. Now she wants out to free roam the house about 5 times a day. And she is not content with hanging out in the living room anymore. She has been running down the long hallway and hanging out by the staircase. This is probably at least a 50 feet away from her viv. She has gotten herself into a little routine already. Bath, bask for about 10 min then run down the ramp and black beard until I let her out. Then she runs around for awhile before her breakfast. She won't eat now unless she has had her morning romp. She comes down her ramp and starts pacing and black bearding several times a day until she gets let out. The downstairs of my house is tile and I have noticed her jumping up on the baseboards too, probably because the tile is cool. This is a new behavior. Has anyone else got a beardie going bonkers already?
And before I get harassed, No I haven't taken any pics of these escapades yet. I promise I'll post some tomorrow.

Livey

Extreme Poster
YES! woke up very happy , tiliting her heads lots, wanting to come out and licking everything? i dont realy understand the licking bussiness but she has lciked at least 100 things already this morining!
Yes pictures would be brill!

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Ditto! Usually Gizmo take a leisurly bath, breakfast and a bit of a bask most of the day till i get home, then a run (recently its more of a snuggle) before bed! But this morning she was soooo bright and jumping from one end of the cage to the other. Today was bug day, adn she really chased them.

Im thinking she may be getting ready to lay again as she ate a tonn of food, which she does before a clutch! :shock: oh well at least i know what to do this year! Lets she if she can beat the world record of 2 eggs!

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
As promised here are some of this mornings antics. I would have gotten more but my hubby came down the stairs with a severely swollen eye from an allergic reaction to something and I had to take him to the doctor. Scorch's fun hour was cut short. LOL
lemee out?
IMG_2303.jpg

Stomp stomp
IMG_2304.jpg

I'm starting to get impatient
IMG_2306.jpg

Black beard anyone?
IMG_2309.jpg

Time to explore
IMG_2320.jpg

This baseboard looks warmer than the floor!
IMG_2319.jpg

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks! He is getting better and currently taking a nap accompanied by miss thing herself. The outer layer of flesh on the eyeball itself looks like a blister. It is not pleasant to look at, but the doctor put some strong steroid drops and allergy drops in and that seems to be working. It was weird how quickly the eye blew up.

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
In your pictures, I noticed a sand box. Is that a kind of lay box? I'm asking because Balrog has been digging like crazy in her tiny sand box and I just made a bigger one. I just want to know if yours is the good size, so I can use it as a model?

Also Balrog is running around a lot since the last few days, and tries to climb on the walls(?). Funny to know that other beardies do similar things at the same time period!

Isabelle

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No, mine is not big enough. I have a larger one and have been procrastinating putting it in. Meanwhile she has been kicking sand all over the inside of her viv. :roll:

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
seadooz":db969 said:
Uh oh, sounds like she's looking for a boy friend! Those girls get crazy when they wake up! Love it!
That's what I was thinking when her free roaming started to go further and further into the house. She has recently decided to explore the kitchen pantry for the first time. Our house is pretty large and she seems to be inspecting every room. LOL She has also taken an interest in our Tegu's cage and was coming out and glass dancing around it like she wanted in. She did this every day until I actually took out Toki and let her check out the inside of her enclosure. She sat and basked under her light for about 10 minutes then decided that was enough and now is not interested in it anymore. Guess she was just curious.

mich

Hatchling Member
VEGASLIZARD":7cde3 said:
Scorch came out of her winter duldrums about a week ago.

omg I can't wait for mine to snap out of it!!! I built beautiful new enclosures, one for each of them last fall and they have looked completely empty ever since. From late Oct till now they are still sleeping away *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom