spot on baby dragon please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy11121988

Original Poster
Those are all I have can only take pics with phone ,..its small and black I tried to wash it off but couldn't and then picked at it a little and wouldn't come off either she don't mind when.I touch it so don't think it hurts her just don't know what it is,..

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
I converted the pictures to normal size by finding them off mobile. I'm not sure what it is, but here they are for better viewing:

IMAG0113_zps3d78cc14.jpg

IMAG0112_zps0cef86bd.jpg

AmberC

Hatchling Member
do you mean the darker brown spot? I'm pretty sure that's there version of a belly button. It goes away with age I think.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That could be a mite possibly, or a bite of some type. How long has it been there?
Have you bathed him to see if it will come off, or no?

Tracie

andy11121988

Original Poster
It reminds me of an belly button, and don't think its a mite the cage mate does not have anything and yes they have bathed and nothing came off

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Hmm. Still not sure. However, you said cage mate... it is really really REALLY not recommended that you house two dragons together. They are not a social species, and it's possible that the spot on his belly is an injury from his "friend", which could just be the prelude to a much more serious, or even deadly, attack. One will dominate the other, or they will fight. And it almost always ends tragically.

Harley

Hatchling Member
Reptiles don't have belly buttons. Thats something that only appears on creatures that are live born.

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
while they may not technically have a belly button, animals that hatch from eggs do have an opening in the abdomen wall where the yolk is absorbed through. The last of which is done within hours of hatching for chicks. In chicks, this is a mechanism to help them while their nest mates hatch over a period of several hours to a day. It enables them go be able to go for approx. 24 hours before needing to be fed. I'm not sure for reptiles if it works the same, but the yolk is attached in the same manner. This area is normally closed entirely before hatching, but occassionally it has not yet completely absorbed or closed, thus leaving an opening in the abdomen. But, after a day or so, it should close and cover over with skin if properly cared for and kept moist so it does not dry out.

This could be the remnants of a poorly absorbed yolk or the area not closing properly. It could be somethiong entire different. I'm basing my reply on my knowledge and exprience in hatching chicks.

I hope you find out what it is, - maybe a trip to a vet is warranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom