Spine issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

Ok so for some time now mikey has had a wierd bump between his back legs. i posted pics a while ago on here asking what could be the problem and no responce. any ways i just dont know what it could be! any help would be great!

thanks,

-Sean

123crp.jpg

32122.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Sean, it's hard to tell from the pictures, but it could be metabolic bone disease. How long have you had him and has the bump always been there? What UVB light are you using and how often are you using calcium? Is he able to walk with no problems?

Suicidal9090

Original Poster
yea he shows no signs of pain when i touch it or when he walk/jumps/runs so he seems fine its just i dont want it to get outta hand and have something bad happen. it just looks like it his spine is crammed in his little body from the top. ill have to take more pics but i have taken lots and its hard to tell unless u are looking at him - but ill try my best! and i calc powder his crickets every other time i feed him. is this bad? and i have had mikey since hes been like only a few weeks old and he never had a bump but it has now started to pop out in the last 3 weeks maybe 4 weeks? and the bulb i have is a reptiglo 5.0 ( http://www.zooplus.de/bilder/hagen/exo/terra/repti/glo/tropenlampe/1/400/41414_1.jpg )

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thanks for answering the questions. I noticed that you're using a Repti-Glo 5.0 coil/compact bulb. Those are very dangerous which you can read more about here: [ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=65424 f=1 ] The hood you can get at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe's, just buy a standard fluorescent light like you would use over a kitchen sink, in a basement or garage. Remove the plastic cover & bulb that comes with it and replace with the UVB leaving the plastic cover off.

He looks like he is under a yr old, so you should be dusting with calcium with D3 but phosphorus-free 5 days a wk, but only 1 feeding a day and on the other 2 days, dust with vitamins, but only 1 feeding a day.

Suicidal9090

Original Poster
thanks for all the help/info guys!

I have been in dealing with the local pet stores to see who can get me a light the cheapest and also i am in the middle of building him a new vivarium so hopefully i can get that done and this new light in there asap with him in it. hopefully hes still ok and nothing will happen to my baby Mikey! i was also reading more on MBD for beardies and hopefully he doesn't have it because it says usually if a beardie gets it then they don't survive! so hopefully i can still save my little buddy :(

thanks all,

-Sean

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Hey Sean ! If the viv you are building is 40gal or larger, you can install a MVB instead of a flor Reptisun 10.0 ! Just make sure it is at least 12" away from the dragon and pointing straight DOWN onto the basking spot. Couple that MVB with a bright house hold flood lamp and you have what you need ! You may also want to install a second house hold bulb, say 60w on the other end to brighten things up !
Janie.

Suicidal9090

Original Poster
Ok well I'll look into getting that light but the only thing is I have cut holes already in the top of the viv ill have to see if I can still make changes! Thanks for the info all!

-Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom