Spike and Ruby's kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've had Spike and Ruby for quite a while, but this is my first time posting pics online. Let me introduce my beardies to you: Spike is the generally darker male (not always), but he is also top beardie. Spike can cling on to my shoulder, and sit still for hours at a time. He's a laid back, calm little fellow who tolerates handling for long periods of time (I can play violin for 60-90 minutes and he will listen). He absolutely loves veggies and greens of all kinds! Ruby, on the other hand, has a totally different personality. Being the 'prettier' of the two, he's still fun but doesn't like to be handled as much. He hates bath time. Ruby, has a preference for dandelions to other greens, he just can't get enough of 'em. They are both 20" long, but on the skinny side (350 grams).

Bath time, here's Ruby. I purchased them from a backyard breeder knowing little or nothing about the different morphs, but I think I'm pretty lucky with this guy. :D He resembles a sunfire, or a citrus.
Beardies1008.jpg

"Hiiiii thereeee..." Note Spike in the background.
Beardies1006.jpg

Here's Spike soakin' up some rays on a pillow outside.
Beardies1014.jpg

Spike roaming the outdoors with a black beard- something his brother never does (unless I annoy him). There's a little bit of old skin on his snout.
Beardies1013.jpg

I luv my beardies. :D Will post more pics later.

thedragonkeeper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Today, I took Spike down to the computer office to chill on my shoulder. Turns out he really likes plopping down right smack in the center of the keyboard! Checking out BD.org... :D
P1010743.jpg
P1010742.jpg

Snuggling down for a small nap. I had to move him to make this post though.
P1010745.jpg

Spike and Ruby have approved this message.

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Spike and Ruby are such handsome beardie boys. That is really neat that S;ike likes to listen to you play violin. I really like the pics of him with the black beard outside and on the keyboard. I love Ruby's coloring. The pic with him looking straight ahead is so adorable. There is something about those beardie faces. :)

thedragonkeeper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the kind comments!

Anywho today I was hand feeding them some diced organic mango and grapes, when, for no good reason both of them kept mistaking my fingers for food!!! :? Firstly, Ruby didn't notice that my fingers were not connected to the grapes, but then Spike full on bit my ring finger. Not only that, but he held on for like 15 seconds! He came pretty closer to drawing blood and now I can testify to how painful it is, so many little razor sharp teeth. I guess he may have been a little hyped (black beard prior to feeding). The sensation was comparable to that time I cut myself with a whittling knife. OMG beardies... at least they enjoyed the fruit and roaches. This also is not the first time I've been bitten by my herps. Will post moar pics tomorrow, time for bed. :D :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom