Spending more time on cool side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aajvell93

I have my Zeus who is now about 16 inches long in a 40 gallon with proper temps and lighting. I have noticed lately that he has been spending quite some time during the day on the hammock on his cool side.
The reason I worry is that he would never go over there. His hammock has been in there for months (since before I got him) and he has never touched it unless I place him there. And he would always jump down and go into his basking branch until recently in the past couple days that has been his favorite spot. None of his behavior has changed. He still loves to get out and eat his crickets and also still pigs out on his greens. I always set him in the middle of his cage when I put him back so he can decide if he wants warm or cold. After he eats he will bask for a good while then go right back to the hammock.

My question is should I be worried about anything?

I have another question about his Viv. It is set up the same since I got him. I've had him for about 4 months. He has grown like crazy and can no longer fit in either of his hide spots (not that he ever used them anyways when he could fit, I just like him to have the option. He always likes being out in the open.) would it stress him out too much if I bought him new hiding spots and rearranged his cage? I would do it all at once to save him a little stress.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he's eating and relatively active then I wouldn't worry too much. He may just want to hang out in the cooler spot for a while. That's OK in itself - that's why we provide the gradients for them. Just keep doing what you're doing and let him choose unless you start seeing lethargy or lack of appetite, etc.

As far as the tank goes. You'll at least want to provide shady areas so he can get out of the heat and UV if he wants. Putting in larger hides is a good idea so they're available in case he wants them. I don't think switching around the furniture will cause much stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom