Spell Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

triumphtt

Juvie Member
I did a search for this and didn't see any posts so I'm sorry if I missed one. Only 3 pages came up with the search. I don't know anything about forums or any of that but is there a way that we can get a spell check on these forums? I always end up open office and copy + paste and then back. If there is one and I'm just an ***** let me know so I can't stop wasting time opening open office. Just a suggestion if it's even possible to add.
Thanks

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Beardednoob":1adnkta6 said:
I use and add on for Firefox which does all my spell checking for me. :wink:
this is what i was going to say - use firefox. though, is it even an add-on? i thought it was just part of firefox. i don't remember having to install an add-on for it. either way though, use firefox (and maybe install an add-on) and it'll automatically underline misspelled words for you :)

triumphtt

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I used to use it but the website I use for my business is all messed up when opened by firefox. But it's been awhile maybe I'll give it a shot. Any reason why certain website get set up differently when opened from IE or FF? Is there a way to "default" FFfor those few websites that don't set up correctly?

triumphtt

Juvie Member
Original Poster
PERFECT :!:
P.S. tell the dragon to do something everytime I check his webcam he's sitting there. He's as lazy as mine well almost.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
haha, i know what you mean. she doesn't do a whole lot during the day. you just have to catch her at the right time. once in a while, she'll move from her hammock to her branch. and then she'll move from her branch to her hammock. and then, if you're really lucky, you might see her move to her hammock and branch at the same time. silly lazy dragons ;-)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Yeah. We once tried a spell checker that was built into the site. It wasn't a good experience. Spell checkers need to be done on the client (i.e. on your web browser). The only way the site can easily do it (as you type) is to have a JavaScript spell checker. What that means is that AS you type, it would have to constantly be making requests to the web server to validate word spelling. I tried one once, and it was painfully slow and slowed down the site.

Firefox has one built in. Apple's Safari does on the Mac, but not sure about the Windows version. I think Google's Chrome does too (you'd think Microsoft would get with the program). I think there are also plugins you can get for IE, but I'm not familiar with them. Really... I HIGHLY recommend people only use Internet Explorer when absolutely NECESSARY. I work in information security. IE is probably the NUMBER ONE source of security vulnerabilities for Windows that gets exploited. Firefox or Chrome will result in you being more secure while browsing the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom