Spacing between stacked cages

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
I am looking to get shelves to stack a couple of my cages. I've found industrial "garage" shelves at Home Depot where the actual shelf is wood and the rest is metal. How much space should be left between cages so that to much heat doesn't rise to the cage above? Or is there something i should put on the bottom of the shelf to reflect some of the heat? Thanks for the help?

The until is like 7ft tall and the shelves can be placed at any height, so I have lots of options.

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
my units don't have ANY space between them. The enclosure above's floor is the enclosure below's ceiling. I've seen a few units like this and most people don't have issue with it. You have to play with the temps just like any other enclosure, but all in all it just takes a little less electricity to heat the top one. Bonus, in my eyes. :)

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Okay good, I just had visions of roasting the kid on the top. Well that is very good news because then I can stack 3 cages on one rack instead of 2. woo hoo

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
I just realised who this was posting. Are you building these before or after you move from Lawrence? I'd love to come check out your nifty shelving setups when you're done. :)

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
After the move, i'm not really building anything since all my dragons already live in glass tanks, i'm just putting them on shelves so that my "dragon" room can also be an office. That many tanks unstacked would take up a whole room! This way it will only take up a wall. I'll be all moved in by the end of the month, so you'll have to come get the tour. Plus i'm getting 2 new leatherbacks tomorrow, super hyped!

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
ooh leatherbacks. Looks like Kansas is gettin' fancy! lol *hopefuilly* by the end of the month I'll have my enclosures done. This has taken WAY too long for my liking. (or for General Tso's liking for that matter lol)

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ohhh got it, that I can help you with. I'm super excited about the new place so i'm sure the lizard room pictures will make it on here. Got a second bedroom just so I could spread my kids out, and I get to use the second closet as a "feeder room" keep all my roaches, crickets and superworms in their own little room. awesome awesome awesome.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Ohhhh ! *squeals* that sound soooo awwessssooooome ! Yes indeedy, pictures are a MUST !
Janie ;)
Got you all excited again didn't I ;) lol

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
are you breeding the supers? I had a bit of a "hiccup" with mine and sort of tossed the project. When you start getting a massive surplus (like we all know you will) I can buy some from you instead! lol. I plan on giving them as treats instead of the staple I originally intended now that the Dubias are on their way.

I'll bring the camera anyway lol. I spent too much money on it (the camera) so I like to use it whenever possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom