Sorry, forgot my introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazfra

Hi guys, I'm Warren and I've been bitten by the beardie bug after buying my first one, my 15 month old male, Charlie. He's snuggling into me as I type this. Charlie is very big with an orange beard and eyes and he likes to think of himself as the Alpha Male, he gets very excitable. 3 days later I bought my 2 year old female, Sandy. She's the most beautiful beardie I've ever seen, very light in colour with beautiful markings and big dark eyelashes. She never moves, I think she's a little bit of a poser and is constantly flirting with the boys!
Then............ I had a great deal thrown in my face for a male and female so I took them in too and I'm glad I did. Although Charlie and Sandy are very subdued, these little scamps are not. She's (Ellie) very dark in colour and also really small for a 18 month old. She cracks me up, little comdian and eats like a horse. She never has her full and will eat anything in sight (candles, homework and the carpet, she's given them all a go!) Then there's albert. He's 2 and likes to scarper about but Ellie's the boss and doesn't he know it so as soon as she nips him for head bobbing, he settles down, it's hilarious. He loves lazing about on the couch and I'm sure he watches T.V!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read about my little guys. I'll get pics up very soon.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Welcome aboard,
Do I have to do the seperate thedragons speach? It really is in there best intrest. If your males decide to breed you can have up to 200 eggs very quickly with that bunch. Its alot of drain on your females and your males wont care.
Cant wait to see pics.

wazfra

Original Poster
Oh, I've decided that Charlie is too excitable/aggresive with everyone so he only gets out on his own. Albert doesn't even bat an eyelid at the females, he'll head bob every now and again but he doesn't take charges at them. he'd much prefer to just cosy up beside you and sleep. Yeah, that amount of eggs would have me in an early grave (the money would be nice though :lol: , But I'd never put them through it) I always say "if it happens, it happens", I'm not trying to breed them but I wouldn't split them up for fear of either getting pregnant.

P.S - Sandy is a spitting image of your beardie! I'll get the pics up soon!

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
I cant speak for the other breeders on the forum but at the level that I am at I am happy if at the end of the year I break even. I go thru 7000 to 10000 crickets a week for just the baby's. My reptile racks I built hold 6 48 inch reptisun 10's and 18 heat lamps. When crowded it holds 180 baby's. My point is at the level im at as a breeders I am not doing it for the money. Its a hobby I love and it simply maintains itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom