soon to be dragon owner with feeding questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurtle

I plan to get an adult bearded dragon soon, but I have a few questions about feeding. I've looked at lots of bearded dragon care sites and all of them say different things about diet, some say to feed insects to adult dragons daily others say to offer insects only 2 or 3 times a week and I'm not sure which to follow. My other question is, how much plant matter should I be giving the dragon per feeding?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For an adult, you can offer bugs daily or every other day. In general it just kind of depends on how much he is eating and what your schedule is. Adult dragons should be eating mostly veges, about 80% or so of their diet. Offer a fresh salad daily with 2-3 items from this list http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html and offer staple feeders like dubia roaches or crickets to account for the remaining 20% or so of the diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chriziz
Top Bottom