Something you guys should know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

david0501

Juvie Member
My uncle has had a beardie for 4 1/2 years now. Since he was 6 months old he has been fed large superworms as a staple and he is as healthy as ever. What he did was feed him 8-10 every other day, offering vegies every day. When he reached full adulthood he cut it down to 5-6 every other day with more intense focus on vegies

So in all, dont believe EVERYTHING you read about supers.
dsc05726j_zps64448c56.jpg

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
My 4 year old adult has been getting supers as his staple feeder ever since he was large enough to eat them, and he's fine so far too! :) A fair amount of people do use supers as a staple for their adults, actually. (It's the relatively high fat content that can lead to problems if they get more than 50 per week, I believe)

casper31

Hatchling Member
My girl is just over a year. Two months ago she would eat crickets, dubias, and supers anytime without a problem. Now that the weather has cooled she is sleeping, barely nibbling or eating greens, and the only food she'll touch is supers...once a week. I figure she knows what her body needs and supers it is!!!

david0501

Juvie Member
Original Poster
casper31":14wtzh2v said:
My girl is just over a year. Two months ago she would eat crickets, dubias, and supers anytime without a problem. Now that the weather has cooled she is sleeping, barely nibbling or eating greens, and the only food she'll touch is supers...once a week. I figure she knows what her body needs and supers it is!!!
preach! lmfao

arman

Yea I'm almost done with crickets... I hafta clean out the cricket bin every 4 days where as the super bin is like every 3 weeks and I don't have anywhere near the die off like the crickets have.... also jubjub loves um, I have to toss a few supers in with his crickets to get him to eat the stupid crickets...

Chantalylace

I also feed by beardie superworms. He actually prefers them much more than crickets. Now he won't even eat crickets but will eat the superworms right away. I give him 6 superworms every other day. I always crush the heads of the superworms and then feed him them because I was told that it's easier for beardies to digest them this way. I also know a couple of people who feed their beardies superworms and have for a long time. I've fed my beardie them for almost a year and he is perfectly fine!

jackiesmama

Juvie Member
i give my 3 dragons supers too,they love them, im not sure if there good for babies but i started giving supers to mine when they were about 5 months old :)

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
Make sure you all keep up the calcium supplementation... their phosphorus content is real high and can throw the ratio out fast.

Spoilt beardies they are :D

arman

i have a question to all you superworm lovers! me included!!! how long can they live for?? i have some that are almost 2 months old.... now i do find a betel shell everynow and then but man thes things live forever it seems!!!! and way less smelly than crickets!!

Izabee33

I asked a woman at pet smart about super worms, and she said they could eat there way out if I didn't chop the head off.... Is that true?! In all I am alittle nervous about feeding my Iggers them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom