Something to burrow in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie enjoys burrowing - when I take him out of his tank, he often burrows in the couch cushions. However, I am currently using terrarium liners as substrate. I have heard a lot of bad things about sand and don't want to use it, but I think it would be great for him to have something to burrow in. Any ideas? If I put a small box of sand in the cage, away from where he eats, would it have as much risk?
Thanks!

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
If he burrows in the couch cushions, I wonder if you could put a piece of flannel in the viv? Kind of bunch it up so he could burrow in it.
Valerie

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
I wouldn't think so since a lot us wrap our Bd's in a flannel blanket at night time. Some people put a stuffed animal in the viv for their bd to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom